Tuesday, September 19, 2006

My Small World

I used to write a lot of musings and scribbles on scraps of paper, and I found this one. It was written in one sitting, and I then I lost it. For years I thought it was missing, and I could only remember the occasional word. Then it turned up about three or four months ago, and I was thrilled.

I was just trying to capture the idea that when you stop for a moment, and record what you are thinking, you have a sense of how big the world is, and how much is happening. It just might be possible that someone, somewhere else, is pausing to think that too, and perhaps even writing down their feelings, just as you begin to do the same....

"Here I am in my small world
Unaware of who you are or where
Wondering how you can manage
With so much to do
So much to care for
How can I know that he cares for me?
Why should he?
Do I?

My world is so here-and-now
All of the things in my mind
and sometimes when I stop and think
I nearly see you, know you
feel your world
but I will never know if you are there
thinking with me
praying for me
as I do for you

Tomorrow will be here so soon
and all these thoughts a dream
but for this special moment
in this holy hour
know that he cares for you
and I have reached out with my heart
to you
somehow, somewhere
and maybe you have written these words
for me...
for you."

(C) Mark Simpson
July 1997

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home