Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Pomegranates - edible bubblewrap...?

Pomegranates - aren't they just the weirdest fruit? Its a bit like eating bubble-wrapped budgie seed, don't you think?

I found a great stress relief use for these wonderous fruits - simply take a large bowl, and half a pomegranate. Hold the fruit face down over the bowl, and squeeeeeze! - There is a wonderful muted "popping" sound as the little bubbles of juice burst open, just like popping the padding in jiffy-bags. The juice has a wonderful dry-white wine / cranberry taste to it, and it does you good too!

Recent research suggests a daily glass can protect against heart disease. Pomegranate juice contains the highest antioxidant capacity compared to other juices, red wine and green tea. This is good news, for antioxidants are the naturally occurring substances in plants that protect the body from free radicals - 'bad' chemicals in the blood.

Me? I just like the popping feeling...!

Pomegranates - health for your body, relief for your mind...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting stuff, Squire. I think I've learned more about Pomegranates today than at any other time in my life. And making fruit fascinating is as good a reason as any for me to stick your blog on my blogroll...

Also, being the first commenter gives me the chance to shamelessly promote my blog too!

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home